Equipment Specialist Certification
This course is designed to give an in-depth look at how dive equipment works. It will cover general repairs and maintenance of various types of exposure suits, BCD’s, regulators, and other accessories.
Who this course is for:
- The certified diver looking to learn more about the scuba equipment they use on each dive as well as how to perform basic “in the field” repairs to prevent losing a dive due to an equipment malfunction
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
- The SDI Equipment Specialist Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Exposure suits (wetsuits and drysuits)
- Buoyancy Compensator Devices (BCDs), regulators, and alternate air sources
- Cylinders and weight systems
- Computers, accessories, various equipment, and devices
What’s in it for you?
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in basic equipment repair procedures to their personal scuba equipment. It is recommended that all major equipment repairs be completed by a qualified trained equipment technician.