Cylinder Visual Inspection Certification
This Cylinder Inspection Course is designed to promote safety in the care and maintenance of high-pressure scuba cylinders. The VIP program is intended to demonstrate to the scuba industry, a need to meet and exceed the minimum standards established by the Code of Federal Regulations. In addition, it is intended to train inspectors in the proper handling, filling, and inspection techniques, including the identification of the various defective conditions that can lead to cylinder rejection or condemnation. The course will also cover the operation and repair of valves, cleaning and maintenance, and the operation of high-pressure compressor systems.
Who this course is for Individuals that:
- Wish to know more about the visual inspection procedures used in the compressed gas industry, not just scuba
- Wish to know how to properly handle high-pressure cylinders
- Will be working with high-pressure cylinders as part of their employment
What you can expect to learn:
The International Training VIP Inspector eLearning course serves two main functions:
The Visual Inspections Procedures course takes an in-depth look at all the following and more:
- Completion of the online portion of this course meets the OSHA regulations for awareness level training for anyone who handles high pressure cylinders as part of their job duties. Any dive center employee handling cylinders should complete this training prior to handling cylinders. Many divers may benefit from this knowledge as well.
- Serves as the academic material for the VIP Inspector course, developing a student’s knowledge base and preparing them for the hands-on training components of the VIP Inspector course with their instructor.
- Safe handling of cylinders
- Tools and their uses
- Visual inspection indications
- Criteria for rejection and condemnation of a cylinder
- Other services
- The basis for cylinder cleaning
- Visual inspection procedures
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course graduates may:
- Visually inspect high-pressure scuba cylinders for defective conditions that could cause a cylinder failure
- Train fill station operators (FSO) in the safe methods of handling, transporting and filling high-pressure scuba cylinders
- Also, the VIP certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the Advanced Diver Development Program.